I like progressive enhancement and ensuring accessibility. I’m good with living front-end style guides, and have an MA in Philosophy (how it relates to front-end work? Abstractions!).
Where I worked
Since 2009, I worked as a freelance front-end developer with and for agencies like Nomensa, Bray Leino, FelineSoft, True Digital and cxpartners, and leading Dutch (web/ad) agencies like Fabrique, Informaat, Mirabeau, Hemels van der Hart, Tam Tam, Jungle Minds and info.nl.
I worked on big websites like ABN Amro, DIY stores franchise KARWEI, Delta Lloyd, Schiphol Group, the Dutch government and Nike.
- giving advice about the feasibility and cost implications of user interface ideas
- designing and building websites
- WordPress: I write themes from scratch
- best practices in responsive design
- best practices for fast websites
- accessible websites
- build systems like Grunt and Gulp
- style guide driven front-end development (e.g. using my custom version of Jeremy Keith’s pattern primer)
- mobile testing with software like Ghostlab
Before I worked as a freelancer, I was employed by Concept7 (2007, 2008), Cinnamon (2008) and info.nl (2009).
I also used to be a volunteer at Fronteers, organising conferences, meet-ups and workshops.